internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Best" <mbest AT dasya.com>
  • To: <thomas AT tbeckett.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:25:12 -0500

About the recent discussion of gay marriage and apparent "liberal" slant to
the messages, I am one who doesn't have an exact opinion on this issue. I
do know that such changes (basically a redefinition of "marriage") do have
an affect on society. A few hundred "marriages" in SF aren't going to
affect you today, but the redefinition would probably affect your children.

Of course the very fact that we can say "same-sex marriage" means that the
definition has changed at least on paper. What that means in the long run
is anyone's guess.

-- Michael Best