internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:16:44 -0500

Thomas Beckett wrote:

In support of the Prayer Team's admirable goals, here is a proposed Constitutional Amendment codifying marriage entirely on biblical principles:

<snip>

Here's a bible reference to check those passages if you want:
http://bible.gospelcom.net/

LOL! That's good stuff. We need a constitutional amendment
defining marriage in Biblical terms about as bad as we need
a new government beauracracy with a 10 gazillion dollar budget,
5 million employees, and a mandate to issue bogus "terror warnings"
every so often, to get people used to the idea of living in the
early stages of a police state.

Better yet, if they really want to pass a constitutional amendment,
how about make it something actually useful like a more
clearly worded version of the 2nd Amendment, making it perfectly
clear that it refers to Joe Citizen and not some hypothetical
government controlled militia. Or a balanced budget amendment.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org