internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] prayers to save marriage
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:44:35 -0500

I sincerely hope that all of you are registered to vote and intend to do
so in the next election.

I also hope that all you wonderful straight (and not-so-straight) people
who believe, as I do, that all the stink about allowing gay marriage is
a crock of bull designed to distract moderates and get Bush re-elected,
are saying so loudly to all who will listen. Sadly, gay people wanting
to get married do not have nearly the impact as straight people
supporting them/us.

And it is about love. Just ask any of those people who stood in the rain
for hours in San Francisco. Think about it - thousands of people,
waiting in lines like a Star Wars premiere, in the rain & cold, to GET
MARRIED. I simply cannot understand how people could see this as harming
them. It doesn't harm anyone, except perhaps some of those who get
married that really shouldn't have, but hell, that happens at least 20
or 30 times a week in Vegas with straight people. Marriage is only
sacred if you treat it that way, a fact not altered in the slightest by
one's sexual orientation.

SF marriages are the Woolworth's lunch counter of our time. What will
you tell your grandkids when they ask what you did "back then"?

Paula