internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 802.11b stereo receiver

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 802.11b stereo receiver
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:57:50 -0500

On Feb 19, 2004, at 12:07 PM, Sil Greene wrote:
.:From any of the computers we can use the
.:SlimServer web interface to create play lists. The music stream from
.:the SlimServer is available to any of the PCs and also available in any
.:of the six rooms hooked into the audio closet where the SqueezeBox is
.:located.

Can the SlimServer actually send multiple streams? Say, one playlist
playing on one (or more) computers, and another playing on the stereo?

Yes it can. It can either sync all streams across SqueezeBox receivers or it server different playlist streams to different SqueezeBox receivers. For PCs using WinAMP/iTunes/XMMS they can each get their own stream/playlist but there doesn't appear to be the ablity to sync screams across PCs like you can with the SqueezeBox receivers.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/