internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Webalizer config questions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Webalizer config questions
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:14:05 -0500 (EST)

Reported 04.02.19 10:23 from Scott:
.:On Feb 19, 2004, at 9:56 AM, K. Jo Garner wrote:

.:> Is there anyone who has experience with setting up Webalizer on a Linux
.:> 2.4.9 box ? I am running into problems when trying to compile with dns
.:> support enabled and I seem to recall reading that RedHat had moved file
.:> locations on some later releases, rendering programs written prior to
.:> their release wonky.

.:I think you're hitting the gdlib issues. Get a recent copy of gd lib
.:and install it into /usr/local/. When setting up webalizer you can
.:direct the configure script to find your gd lib in /usr/local/ then.

If you don't have access to /usr/local on the box, you can install to most
anywhere you do have access to. Just use a
--prefix=/path/to/base/location argument with the configure script (when
compiling gdlib). You'll also need to pass this path to Webalizer's
configure script, using a slightly different argument. It may be
something like --path-to-gdlib=/path/set/earlier ... you'll have to run
"./configure.sh --help" for the specific argument.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)