internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] politricks - Dean to bow out; Edwards's surge

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] politricks - Dean to bow out; Edwards's surge
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:05:29 -0500

On Feb 18, 2004, at 11:45 AM, Ian Meyer wrote:

the sad thing is how that was played up by the press and news channels and how they used directional mics to take out all the rest of the room noise...
room noise that included LOTS of loud supporters being riled up by a rousing speech and shouting out more states for him to call out...

damn press...ruined the only candidate that could've won the presidency...

I can't figure out what the deal is with the supposed "howl". The only video I saw of the event was from a normal mic back in the room, and it looked like yer normal stump speech to me.

If the new standard is going to be you can point a parabolic mic at a candidate and make fun of 'em, just go to a Bush fundraiser, turn the mic up on full, and wait for a burp, tummy rumble, or other embarrassing noises.

http://www.bahnhof.se/~telinga/
michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC