internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] politricks - Dean to bow out; Edwards's surge

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] politricks - Dean to bow out; Edwards's surge
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:47:18 -0500

Howard Dean called bullshit on Bush loudly and publicly. Before that
the Democractic candidates were doing the namby-pamby me-too
get-tough-terrorism dance. He punctured Bush's post-911 Teflon coating.
If Bush is defeated this year, it is because of Howard Dean.

TaB

Edward Wesolowski wrote:

>Looks like Howard Dean is calling it quits, alas.
Yeah!
A friend of mine watching the Dean Iowa Primal Scream live remarked, "This guy's toast!"
May be, ...Dean's had some pretty remarkable accomplishments, tho. What Dean & Joe Trippi did w/the Internet was pretty remarkable. Dean also put some issues on the campaign season radar that probably wouldn't be there otherwise. ...strange the way this media/Internet culture consciousness moves. (I wonder how much Dean is a sort of projection of the collective Internet consciousness? (I expect that being the Oracle from Vermont is a tough job. (Don't get me wrong, I like this guy.)
Ed Wesolowski

Looks like Howard Dean is calling it quits, alas.

http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/3342532p-2977785c.html

And someone has discovered the reason underlying John Edwards's surge in popularity:

http://www.wonkette.com/archives/edwards_campaigns_new_theme_013051.php

TaB