internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] for all you Norah Jones (and Iron Maiden) fans

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] for all you Norah Jones (and Iron Maiden) fans
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:08:49 -0500

on Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 08:41:59PM -0500, Jim Ray wrote:
> It just brings tears to my eyes to even think about a rendition of "Mandy"
> in three-part harmony with Iron Maiden.

Makes me want to cry, too.

> Makes me remember the college days when the hardcore band, Resist, practiced
> at our rental house in the basement over on Van Dyke Ave. Rich's Marshall
> stack produced this acoustic wave that caused the kitchen light to vibrate.

A guy who lived across the hall from me in the dorms used to listen to
Pink Floyd's "Dark Side". The slow heartbeat at the beginning used to
knock his door back and forth, but /before/ anyone standing on the
outside could hear the music. We used to have fun picturing him on the
other side of the door, slowly beating his head on it again and again...
then he'd switch to the Bonzo Dog Band or Thirteenth Floor Elevators and
we'd wish /we/ were beating his head against his door, slowly, again and
again... Acoustic waves are fun.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier