internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] another on-topic thing (PHP with MySQL)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org ("Internetworkers: http://www.ibib lio.org/internetworkers/")
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] another on-topic thing (PHP with MySQL)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:46:29 -0500

"David R.Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org> wrote:

>First of all, when did we stray so far off-topic that InterNetWorkers
>had to become a Linux support forum?  Did someone change our charter?
>If so, I want my money back.

When you own the Internet, you can dictate what all elements of it should or
should not be from any given moment to the next. Until then...

>Nextly, I think these delightful "on-topic" emails really show us all
>how easy Linux is to use and administer.

As one who is here to learn, I find this statement particularly insulting and
snobbish. You might *know everything about computers* Dave, but some of us
don't and we sometimes turn to those more learned than ourselves for help,
information, support, etc.

If posts that ask for help about Linux or anything else off-topic are so
bothersome to you, ignore them. Surely, in your infinite wisdom about
computers, you know about the delete key.

Beth
http://navel.blogspot.com

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.