internetworkers - [internetworkers] another on-topic thing (PHP with MySQL)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] another on-topic thing (PHP with MySQL)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:05:07 -0500

Would someone please be so kind as to tell me how I can fix this? (I'm on
linux).

Thanks!
Maria

the error you are reporting shows that on your system PHP is installed
(or compiled) without the MySQL extensions (library).
So PHP cannot use any MySQL function calls.

If you are on a linux/unix system then you must compile PHP using option
--with-mysql