internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:35:14 -0500

On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:30 AM, Rowland Smith wrote:

You may want to look at Eclipse (Eclipse.org) and the TruStudio PHP plugins for Eclipse (www.xored.com). The latest stable builds of Eclipse support Mac OSX. Eclipse gives you excellent project management tools, an intuitive environment and built-in, world-class CVS support. The TruStudio PHP plugins say they support syntax hiliting, code-completion and debugging support for local as well as remote PHP based web applications.

Anyone tried the new Contribute? I had a student version of Dreamweaver MX but the CD broke when I traveled to Seattle so I am in need of a new HTML editor for OS X.

I've not tried Eclipse in a while, last time I ran it on a powerbook 550Mhz and it was a bit too slow for me.