internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Carol Thomson <cthomson AT topsailtech.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] IDE for PHP?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:30:30 -0500

Anyone tried the new Contribute? I had a student version of Dreamweaver MX but the CD broke when I traveled to Seattle so I am in need of a new HTML editor for OS X.

I've not tried Eclipse in a while, last time I ran it on a powerbook 550Mhz and it was a bit too slow for me.

I just saw a demo of Contribute. It isn't by any means a replacement for Dreamweaver but it is intended for content editors only (and it doesn't require knowledge of HTML).

As far as WYSIWYG HTML editors go, Dreamweaver is the market leader IMO. If you just want a text editor, there are other choices like Eclipse and BBEdit but I cannot comment on the performance under OSX.

Carol