internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] re: odd question - optometric stuff

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] re: odd question - optometric stuff
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:58:08 -0500 (EST)

Paula,

Be quite specific with your eye care professional when you go to get
these. As mentioned, whether you need them more above or below water
determines what prescription will be given to the lenses. Refraction is
key. A pair of sport goggles/glasses I have that work fine above water
(the Rx is slightly off, but as mentioned by the optometrist-to-be friend
of Sil's my eyes adjust for that) leave me completely blind below water.
I haven't ordered a new pair yet, but I was informed by my optometrist
that the Rx for lenses I intend to use primarily below water will be a bit
off from my regular lenses.

--Alan