internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] the cowards at the Pentagon

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] the cowards at the Pentagon
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:41:45 -0500

On Wednesday, Dec 10, 2003, at 10:08 US/Eastern, childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

Maybe we could have an InterNetWorkers Assault Weapons event. Y'know,
everyone bring their favorites, like the Scotch Whisky tasting a
couple
months back. It would be a good opportunity for f2f discussion and to
broaden everyone's knowledge on the subject.

Actually, I'd just like to learn how to shoot, and all the
gun-competency stuff that goes along with such. Perhaps an
InterNetWorkers Day At The Shooting Range? Who's willing to teach?

And yes, you are hearing that from a screaming leftist. On some few, few
things, my views are not traditional lefty.

Hey, I'm a screaming lefty (pretty much) and I am very glad to have 1) learned to shoot and 2) even went hunting a few times with a boyfriend. I've always subscribed to the "eat what you kill" philosophy, and the boyfriend was a farmboy whose mom made a pretty mean squirrel. I was a pretty crappy shot and never had to deal with actually killing anything. Skeet shooting, on the other hand, is a literal blast. I would love to do that again sometime.

We do intend to teach Caelan about guns and when he is old enough teach him gun safety. I won't have one in my house, but it is safer for children to know about guns and understand gun safety than to shield them completely IMHO.

Diana