internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Black Budget

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Black Budget
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:05:43 -0500

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 19:54, Alan MacHett wrote:
> U.S. Park Police Chief Suspended
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39827-2003Dec5.html
>
> I wish I had this federal rule on hand to review. I'm sure I'm missing
> something, but it strikes me as highly undemocratic, this rule. I mean,
> if the people who are in a position to know about and comment on a budget
> are prevented from speaking about the budget, then how the hell are any of
> us supposed to know where our money goes, how it's being spent or
> misspent, who needs more or less next year...???

Wonder what Teresa Chambers will do now... maybe Durham can make her
City Manager or something. Durham seems to like hiring people who have
been fired/forced out of other places (like the library director)

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |