internetworkers - [internetworkers] Black Budget

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Black Budget
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 19:54:09 -0500 (EST)

U.S. Park Police Chief Suspended
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39827-2003Dec5.html

I wish I had this federal rule on hand to review. I'm sure I'm missing
something, but it strikes me as highly undemocratic, this rule. I mean,
if the people who are in a position to know about and comment on a budget
are prevented from speaking about the budget, then how the hell are any of
us supposed to know where our money goes, how it's being spent or
misspent, who needs more or less next year...???

--Alan