internetworkers - [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Linda Watson <linda AT lindawatson.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:44:41 -0500

Greetings, all --

Zephyr Teachout, the Dean for America Director of Internet Organizing, will be coming through the Triangle next Thursday on the Drive for Democracy Tour.

Do any of you have a good location for a meeting from 5:00 to 6:30 on December 11th? The ideal spot will hold at least 20 people, be near Main Street in Durham, and have some high-tech or Open Source cachet.

If you are interested in coming to this meeting, please let me know.

She'll be meeting at 5:00 with the Open Source / high-tech community in the area. The topics will be the Open Source aspects of the Dean campaign, Internet organizing, and the effect of government policies on high-tech careers.

At 7:00 she'll be meeting with the grassroots political community and Dean volunteers at El Centro Hispano, 201 W. Main St., Suite 100, Durham.

Go Dean!
... Linda Watson

****** Background on Howard Dean and Open Source ************

The Howard Dean campaign is breaking ground in Open Source campaigning. He's been a guest blogger for Lawrence Lessig, who is also on Dean's Network Advisory Net.
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=NAN

Zephyr Teachout set the tone as the original DFA webmaster and now as the Director of Internet Organizing. She has been instrumental in Dean's successful Internet-fueled campaign. It's not just about raising money ... it's about rebuilding our party and taking our country back. Dean is using open-source techniques to make this happen. For example, see the Web Community Kit, open source software for grassroots supporters to use in community building. http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=webcommunitykits

Here's the press release on Dean's Internet initiatives:
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=9432

Join with your local Democrats to take our country back. Make every day and every vote count.
Wake County Democrats -- http://www.wakedems.org
Democratic National Committee --http://www.democrats.org/