internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:35:32 -0500

I don't know about "cachet" but the coffee/cafe downstairs in Regulator
on 9th used to have wireless high-speed access for free, I think the
first place in Durham to do it. Otherwise, check out getting the back
room at Satisfaction's in Brightleaf (lots of beer choices!), or call
Michael and see if he'd open Ringside just for you (it doesn't get
cooler than that). The Blue Coffee Company downtown might be an option,
too.

I would be interested in attending this meeting, too.

Paula

Linda Watson

<linda AT lindawatson.com> To:
internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
Sent by: cc:

internetworkers-bounces@lists. Subject:
[internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean
ibiblio.org Internet

12/05/03 04:44 PM

Please respond to

"Internetworkers:

http://www.ibiblio.org/interne

tworkers/"

Greetings, all --

Zephyr Teachout, the Dean for America Director of Internet Organizing,
will
be coming through the Triangle next Thursday on the Drive for Democracy
Tour.

Do any of you have a good location for a meeting from 5:00 to 6:30 on
December 11th? The ideal spot will hold at least 20 people, be near Main

Street in Durham, and have some high-tech or Open Source cachet.

If you are interested in coming to this meeting, please let me know.

She'll be meeting at 5:00 with the Open Source / high-tech community in
the
area. The topics will be the Open Source aspects of the Dean campaign,
Internet organizing, and the effect of government policies on high-tech
careers.

At 7:00 she'll be meeting with the grassroots political community and
Dean
volunteers at El Centro Hispano, 201 W. Main St., Suite 100, Durham.

Go Dean!
... Linda Watson

****** Background on Howard Dean and Open Source ************

The Howard Dean campaign is breaking ground in Open Source campaigning.
He's been a guest blogger for Lawrence Lessig, who is also on Dean's
Network Advisory Net.
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=NAN

Zephyr Teachout set the tone as the original DFA webmaster and now as
the
Director of Internet Organizing. She has been instrumental in Dean's
successful Internet-fueled campaign. It's not just about raising money
it's about rebuilding our party and taking our country back. Dean is
using
open-source techniques to make this happen. For example, see the Web
Community Kit, open source software for grassroots supporters to use in
community building.
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=webcommunitykits

Here's the press release on Dean's Internet initiatives:
http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=9432

Join with your local Democrats to take our country back. Make every day
and
every vote count.
Wake County Democrats -- http://www.wakedems.org
Democratic National Committee --http://www.democrats.org/