internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Invite / location request for meeting with Dean Internet
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:39:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> I don't know about "cachet" but the coffee/cafe downstairs in Regulator
> on 9th used to have wireless high-speed access for free, I think the
> first place in Durham to do it.

I'm wondering what is up with the cafe in the Regulator. Thad (the mgr.)
has moved to Oklahoma, and not sure what is going on with it. I hear one
of his employees was gonna take over for him. It's funny I actually
installed the wireless for them. There are also ethernet jacks at some of
the tables...

> Greetings, all --
>
> Zephyr Teachout, the Dean for America Director of Internet Organizing,
> will
> be coming through the Triangle next Thursday on the Drive for Democracy
> Tour.
>
> Do any of you have a good location for a meeting from 5:00 to 6:30 on
> December 11th? The ideal spot will hold at least 20 people, be near Main
>
> Street in Durham, and have some high-tech or Open Source cachet.
>
> If you are interested in coming to this meeting, please let me know.
>
> She'll be meeting at 5:00 with the Open Source / high-tech community in
> the
> area. The topics will be the Open Source aspects of the Dean campaign,
> Internet organizing, and the effect of government policies on high-tech
> careers.
>
> At 7:00 she'll be meeting with the grassroots political community and
> Dean
> volunteers at El Centro Hispano, 201 W. Main St., Suite 100, Durham.
>
> Go Dean!
> ... Linda Watson
>
> ****** Background on Howard Dean and Open Source ************
>
> The Howard Dean campaign is breaking ground in Open Source campaigning.
> He's been a guest blogger for Lawrence Lessig, who is also on Dean's
> Network Advisory Net.
> http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=NAN
>
> Zephyr Teachout set the tone as the original DFA webmaster and now as
> the
> Director of Internet Organizing. She has been instrumental in Dean's
> successful Internet-fueled campaign. It's not just about raising money
> it's about rebuilding our party and taking our country back. Dean is
> using
> open-source techniques to make this happen. For example, see the Web
> Community Kit, open source software for grassroots supporters to use in
> community building.
> http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/PageServer?pagename=webcommunitykits
>
> Here's the press release on Dean's Internet initiatives:
> http://www.deanforamerica.com/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=9432
>

> *************************************
> Join with your local Democrats to take our country back. Make every day
> and
> every vote count.
> Wake County Democrats -- http://www.wakedems.org
> Democratic National Committee --http://www.democrats.org/

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)