internetworkers - [internetworkers] Job Opening at Wake School System

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Job Opening at Wake School System
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:32:24 -0400

The Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) is looking for a new Senior Administrator for Intranet Web Services and Collaborative Computing Projects. Come work in a challenging and sometimes inspiring environment and make a contribution to the education of the youth of Wake County. If you own a home in Wake County, this is your chance to directly affect your property values!

The job description is below. If interested, here's the info you need to apply:

Position number: 9100179
Department: Technology Services
Job Title: Senior Administrator, Intranet Services
Contact person:Jill Pinckney
Instructions: E-mail resume to jpinckney AT wcpss.net
Date Available: Immediately

Please direct your resumes and inquiries to the address above. While I'll be happy to answer questions about working at WCPSS, I am not responsible for hiring for this position, nor can I put anyone on the inside track. Also, I'm heading out-of-town for the next two weeks, and will only have sporadic (at best) access to e-mail, and they're looking to move as fast as they can on this position. Apply first and ask questions later. :-)

I also posted this to the Job Board, but didn't realize I had to HTML format the job description - my apologies to the Webmaster.

Paul Cory
WCPSS Webmaster

Overview
This position manages all components of the WCPSS' Intranet web presence and all functional areas of collaborative applications such as email, Lotus QuickPlace and Blackboard.

Responsible for:
Intranet web site and associated applications:
Technical architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of Intranet web site
Ensure that the site is functional, effective, and a content rich resource for system information
Develop and maintain policies and/or guidelines regarding Intranet web site development incorporating all relevant laws and regulations
Conduct meetings with departmental and school contacts to develop specific plans for their participation in the Intranet web site
Provide direction and guidance to web site contacts through onsite and offsite training, online communications, e-mails, etc.
Report on Intranet statistics as requested/needed
Maintain a working knowledge and/or understanding of web applications and emerging web technologies
Develop and oversee development of user requested applications
Communicate with the Internet web site administrator on joint projects and content
Work with technical support staff to ensure supportive infrastructure is maintained

E-mail, Directory Services and Provisioning Solution:
Oversee the administration of the system wide e-mail system which includes developing and maintaining policies and/or guidelines regarding e-mail which are in line with all applicable laws and regulations
Oversee the administration of the system wide provisioning application which includes developing and maintaining policies and/or guidelines.
Ensure product documentation and appropriate distribution
Oversee the development of training materials and its delivery
Market products as needed
Work with technical support to ensure supportive infrastructure is maintained
Assist with the integration of applications/databases that may use directory services as their foundation

Collaborative Computing
Develop and maintain policies and/or guidelines regarding the use of content management and collaborative systems incorporating all relevant laws and regulations
Conduct meetings with departmental and school contacts to develop strategic plans for meeting their needs
Provide direction and guidance regarding onsite and offsite product training
Work with technical support to ensure supportive infrastructure is maintained
Familiarity with Lotus QuickPlace and Blackboard is desirable.

General
Manage staff in accordance to WCPSS policies and procedures
Market team projects and applications
Evaluate products/hardware for purchase
Ensure all channels of communication are open and handled effectively and consistently

Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited college, university or technical school
Minimum two years experience as web site administrator
Minimum two years experience in web development and HTML authoring
Working knowledge of a variety of web development applications, including, but not limited to Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Frontpage, Adobe Acrobat, Javascript, Perl, PHP and Coldfusion
Working knowledge and/or understanding of a variety of operating systems including, but not limited to Windows and UNIX (variations) platforms
Experience in editing and writing web content
Experience in managing large corporate web sites specifically Intranet web sites
Project management experience
Strong communication and leadership skills

Reports to: Senior Director of Integrated Systems