internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NCs Treasurer's Web site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: virginia AT virginiaingram.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NCs Treasurer's Web site
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:17:37 -0400 (EDT)

.:This totally sounds like spam, but you should go to this Web site to find
.:out if you have any forgotten money. I checked every single person in my
.:family and none of them had money, but maybe you will have more luck:
.:www.nccash.com.

Well, the WHOIS looks legit, though I'm not sure that the State Treasury's
owning this domain affects my confidence in my state government
positively...

Registrant:
Department of State Treasurer (TVTYKMUCFD)
325 N. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27603
US

Domain Name: NCCASH.COM

Administrative Contact:
Department of State Treasurer (33097350O)
webmaster AT treasurer.state.nc.us
325 N. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27603
US
(919) 715-8124 fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact:
Information Technology Services (ITS) (HOS733-ORG)
hostmaster AT NCMAIL.NET
3700 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609
US
(919) 981-5555 fax: (919) 981-5174

Record expires on 17-Sep-2008.
Record created on 17-Sep-2003.
Database last updated on 17-Oct-2003 19:13:57 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS2.STATE.NC.US 149.168.11.11
REGGAE.NCREN.NET 128.109.131.3
NS1.STATE.NC.US 149.168.138.11

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)