internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] NCs Treasurer's Web site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Virginia Ingram" <virginia AT virginiaingram.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] NCs Treasurer's Web site
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:32:07 -0400 (EDT)

Oh I didn't mean to sound like I was unsure. It IS legit. I know its
legit. Its just hard to tell people about it without it sounding like
spam! (and then the Web site is so terrible...) A lot of people have been
finding money... But if you only find like $10 it's not worth it cause
you have to jump through so many hoops to get it. the state has millions
and millions of unclaimed cash and they have a goal of giving 3 million
back to NC people this month.

virginia

> .:This totally sounds like spam, but you should go to this Web site to
> find .:out if you have any forgotten money. I checked every single
> person in my .:family and none of them had money, but maybe you will
> have more luck: .:www.nccash.com.
>

> Well, the WHOIS looks legit, though I'm not sure that the State
> Treasury's owning this domain affects my confidence in my state
> government
> positively...
>

> Registrant:
> Department of State Treasurer (TVTYKMUCFD)
> 325 N. Salisbury St.
> Raleigh, NC 27603
> US
>
> Domain Name: NCCASH.COM
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Department of State Treasurer (33097350O)
> webmaster AT treasurer.state.nc.us
> 325 N. Salisbury St.
> Raleigh, NC 27603
> US
> (919) 715-8124 fax: 999 999 9999
>
> Technical Contact:
> Information Technology Services (ITS) (HOS733-ORG)
> hostmaster AT NCMAIL.NET
> 3700 Wake Forest Road
> Raleigh, NC 27609
> US
> (919) 981-5555 fax: (919) 981-5174
>
> Record expires on 17-Sep-2008.
> Record created on 17-Sep-2003.
> Database last updated on 17-Oct-2003 19:13:57 EDT.
>
> Domain servers in listed order:
>
> NS2.STATE.NC.US 149.168.11.11
> REGGAE.NCREN.NET 128.109.131.3
> NS1.STATE.NC.US 149.168.138.11
>

> --
> "If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
> of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)
> Sil_Greene AT unc.edu

Virginia Ingram
http://www.virginiaingram.com
virginia AT virginiaingram.com