internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Federal judge blocks do-not-call list
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:18:07 -0400

You can make many of the computers that dial for telemarketers remove
you from their calling list just by using one of those devices you see
advertised or at the stores.

Or for free, you can use a sound sample of the sound that is made when
you call a disconnected line and put that right at the beginning of you
answering machine message. There are many web sites on how to do this.

It takes about 2 months and the calls will drop off dramatically.

I used to have the caller ID and the screening feature if it was a
private name/number - but paying $6 a month for it got old. I'd rather
use that money for more CDs or something.