internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Maria Winslow <maria.winslow AT windows-linux.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] price of gasoline
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:04:47 -0400

On Friday 29 August 2003 10:51 am, Sil Greene wrote:
> .:I never cut in line. Not cutting in line is the cornerstone of
> civilization.
>
> Horse-hockey. I cut in line frequently. But just as frequently, I offer
> someone else the chance to cut in ahead of me.
>
> Now *that* is civilized.
>
> --sil

It's not cutting in line if you ask politely to merge. And it is proper to
let
people in. Cutting in line means flooring it to the end of the merge lane and
forcing your way in. Another technique involves pulling out onto the exit
lane, then forcing your way back in at the last minute. You probably don't do
that, Sil.

Oops, sorry for that last empty message.