internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Major blackout in northeast/Canada

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Major blackout in northeast/Canada
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:58:30 -0400

because its all between companies and stuff...it just CANT work that well!

theoretically, they should pick pu the slack, but when you lose enough generating power that theres more slack than can be picked up, i think thats where the problem is. ergo, i think thet they'll find that this started at a large switching station or something somewhere that had the effect of knocking out several plants at once when it went down

but thats just my uneducated guess and my $0.02.

ian