internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] 6 great gorilla suit movies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: andyi AT theworld.com
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] 6 great gorilla suit movies
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:17:24 -0400 (EDT)

The Mighty Gorga, referenced at http://uttertrash.net/aprmovies5.htm , is
the character in "Wise Blood" whose suit is stolen by mummy and
gorilla-phile Enoch Emery. The short story, by Flannery O'Connor, and the
novel tell a lot about the pain and disappointment of wearing a gorilla
suit.

I'm looking not just for silly horror movies of which there are plenty,
but for other movies like Wise Blood, Morgan, Pink Panther, and Men
(Manner), Octopussy, and Blonde Venus (is Dietrich the earliest gorilla
suit wearing woman? BV was released a year before King Kong) in which a
person in a gorilla suit is part of the plot.

I love the bad suit movies too tho and a small part of me is envious of
you confessed suitwearers -- but only a very small part and no i'm not
saying where that part is.

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071