internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TechJournal InternetWorkers Article

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TechJournal InternetWorkers Article
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:39:59 -0400

The triangle TechJournal article in question is here:

http://www.triangletechjournal.com/news/article?item_id=4775

I find it to be very well-written, entertaining and insightful. Building
community among technologists is an age-old problem that Joe understands very
well. My favorite part is:

"It's a little known fact that the tech gathering dates all the way back to
prehistoric times, when cavemen huddled together to compare rocks used in
counting and computation, all the while downing copious amounts of whatever
floated their boat back then. When the issues of the day weren't deadlines and
feature creep, but rather literally getting eaten by the vast majority of your
competition, you can see where those original coders might have needed to blow
off a little steam.

You can also imagine that the day the first abacus showed up at
Interrockworkers, the rock guys naturally got all horked and splintered off to
do their own thing. The first old-schoolers."

I hope everyone makes it out to the Cary Hibernian on Thursday, August 7th and
continues the Interrockworkers tradition.

Cheers!