internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] WiFi Cantenna and a TiBook with an Airport Card

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT mac.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] WiFi Cantenna and a TiBook with an Airport Card
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:22:15 -0400

i may buy a linksys wireless-g card soon, i got the airport for $20

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 20:18, Scott wrote:

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 07:52 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

Good day everyone. I just got an AIrport card for my Powerbook (a 15" one, so its regular old 802.11b) and was wondering if someone would be interested in helping me out with something. I would like to build a cantenna, but don't want to go it alone if theres someone here that knows a bit about it and wouldn't mind helping me out. Not only would I have to get the cantenna, but also rig up a way to connect to the Airport card inside the Ti, although I have an idea about that.

If anyone would be willing to help me out, let me know.

I cannot help with the cantenna but did you know the most recent Apple Airport Card Driver (3.1) works with non-Apple 11g cards such as Asante? Since these PC Cards generally have an antenna hookup on the card it self it might be easier to pick up one of them and hook your cantenna to it.

Of course, the PC Cards are going to have better range than the built in airport in the tiBook. I tried to talk my wife into an 11g card but having an external thing sticking out the side of her tiBook wasn't too appealing.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/