internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] thinly-veiled and insulting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Winslow Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] thinly-veiled and insulting
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:07:11 -0400

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 03:21 PM, David R. Matusiak wrote:

<std_disclaim: just think of it as stream-of-consciousness free verse poetry>

This discussion is taking away from our valuable time that could be spent doing something interesting, like racing lawn mowers:

-------

Yeah, people think we're a little crazy, but then they get out here and see us," said Don Gienger, who is one of North Dakota's top lawn mower racers and drives a machine dubbed the DonMowNator. "People respect the crap out of somebody going 40 miles an hour on a lawn mower."
-------

It just goes to show that all people want is a little respect, even if they have to name their lawnmower the "DonMowNator", and drive around wearing a "silky orange-and-black get-up with silver shoulder pads".

On Poetry: People could like daffodils if they wanted to, but should not be allowed
to take up more than a page to say so. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC