internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] linux/roadrunner help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Russell <scottrus AT ipass.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] linux/roadrunner help
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:33:14 -0400

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 01:02:38PM -0400, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Beth wrote:
> >Well I called and the guy said he could help me figure out if the
> >modem itself is faulty (and I don't think it is--the green lights come
> >on and stay on). But he said in no uncertain terms that he can't do
> >anything else for me since I'm running Linux.
>
> always lie to Tech Support and tell them you are running Windows.
>
> (was anyone able to find my post hidden within the mire of these
> other letters?)

Easily. :) My mail client color codes the different levels of reply so I can
quickly find the current content. I think some of them offer 'folding' where
you can fold the quoted content into a single line. At least my news reader
does this, which is quite nice.

--
Scott
Do not trifle with me, I have eaten 104 brains.