internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] top v. bottom posting (again, sounds more i nteresting than it is)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Gina Norman" <gina.norman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] top v. bottom posting (again, sounds more i nteresting than it is)
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:20:52 -0400

Title: RE: [internetworkers] top v. bottom posting (again, sounds more interesting than it is)

Maria said:
> By the way, not to pick a fight, but I think top posting is
> the right way to do it. That way, you don't have to re-read the original post
> unless you need to.

I'm of two minds here.  If I'm posting something that's loosely related to the topic at hand (no, really?  Gina being tangential?  Couldn't happen...  ;-)then I post at top, 'cause what I'm saying stands on its own (tho it may seem to be coming out of left field).

OTOH, if there are specific parts of someone's post that I'm responding to (in the "you said this, but/and I think this" vein), then I'll post below, having snipped out the bits about which I was remarking.

This is what works for me.  YMMV, of course.

yours in netiquette [1],

Gina

[1] That's how I met Paul Jones once upon a long time ago... we were both speakers at a J-school event about "the Internet" (it was still in quotes at that point ;-) at UNC -- Paul spoke on the "World Wide Web" and I spoke on netiquette.

  • RE: [internetworkers] top v. bottom posting (again, sounds more i nteresting than it is), Gina Norman, 05/28/2003