internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] linux/roadrunner help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] linux/roadrunner help
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:02:38 -0400

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 12:23 PM, Beth wrote:

Victor Minton <victor AT designhammer.com> wrote:

Hi,
Try calling RR @ 595-2337---you will get a real person to help get you up
and running.

Well I called and the guy said he could help me figure out if the modem itself is faulty (and I don't think it is--the green lights come on and stay on). But he said in no uncertain terms that he can't do anything else for me since I'm running Linux.

always lie to Tech Support and tell them you are running Windows.

(was anyone able to find my post hidden within the mire of these other letters?)

Which is about what I figured.

Oh the injustice! Can we take these people to court on the grounds of OS discrimination? Come on RoadRunner--don't be hatin'. Embrace your Linux brothers and sisters.

Beth