internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 22:54:20 -0400

I have to disagree here Paul. While a small budget can be a justification
to rate a film higher, it can never be an excuse for why a film sucks. Many
great films have been made within very small, tight budgets. For example,
the film The Virgin Suicides was made for less than $50,000. Roger and Me
was made for even less. So you might look at those films and say, "Wow!
That was a great film for a small budget independent."

So that is my contention. Further I contend that having a big budget should
remove any excuse for your film sucking.

And therefore, Event Horizon is the winner. The film had a budget of
something like 54 million and featured known stars. And there are great
visuals in the film. And I believe it has the distinction of being the
first film to accurately represent fire in outer space - the issue being
that a fire in space would behave somewhat like a liquid. Unfortunately,
they spent $1.95 on the script and about $.99 on the director.

And lastly, I would like to offer a viewing of Event Horizon at my house.
Any takers?