internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] really really wrong things :)
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 17:22:42 -0400

*ahem*

Double Jeopardy

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0150377

redefining "painfully boring"

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 05:08 PM, Beckett wrote:

For all of the movies discussed here today, many of which are pretty bad, I have to say that none of them are as truly, deeply and painfully bad as /Event Horizon/. Shea is entirely correct.

Some movies are pretty bad, and you forget about them moments after leaving the theatre. Some movies are pretty bad but, oh, the soundtrack is OK. Some movies are just bad in a fun way, like /Waterboy/. Some movies, are so bad they're kind of good. /Plan 9/ is a classic for this very reason.

And then you have /Event Horizon/, which is just excruciating to sit through. Never have I seen acting talent - Lawrence Fishburne, Sam Neill, Kathleen Quinlan - so thoroughly wasted. No, not wasted: defiled. It isn't so bad its good, it is bad and it just keeps getting worse. Go ahead, order the DVD. For your worst enemy.

TaB