internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UltraPlayer - comprehensive alternative to WinMedia Player, Winamp, RealPlayer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UltraPlayer - comprehensive alternative to WinMedia Player, Winamp, RealPlayer
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 15:02:45 -0400

Tried to get it to play WXDU at
http://www.wxdu.org/wxdu/wxdu.ram

But it didn't seem to want to play it. Could someone else try it for me and let me know if they were able to get ultraplayer to play this station?

--cp

At 5/7/2003 01:59 PM, you wrote:
Check this out, if you don't already know about it. Free, no spyware included, no ad banners.

Compared to the others, UltraPlayer has a smaller footprint and is less resources intensive. It doesn't run unseen services in the background (RealPlayer) even when not in use, and doesn't send a media list to a far away server (Microsoft).

I've been using it for the last 24 hours, and it pretty much handles most media formats. Windows only, though. I dumped RP and got rid of what I could of the WMP (argh).