internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UltraPlayer - comprehensive alternative to WinMedia Player, Winamp, RealPlayer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UltraPlayer - comprehensive alternative to WinMedia Player, Winamp, RealPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:41:16 -0400 (EDT)

It looks interesting. Their license does say something about being
ad-supported, but I haven't seen any banners yet. I checked out the
Applegamer movie in both WMP (6.4) and UltraPlayer, and WMP seems to play
a little cleaner. Haven't checked out Ultra's streaming support, but I do
like the "save stream to MP3" option. Thanks for the info.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)