internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mini Cooper

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joe Reid <jreid AT vnet.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mini Cooper
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:49:26 -0500

I know its a matter of preferences, but I'd be remiss if I didn't encourage you to at least consider the S version. The standard with those two packages gets into the same cost neighborhood, and the S comes with some of those extras (wheels, spoiler, seats, etc.) It's just hard to argue with about 50% extra horsepower and upgraded handling. You owe it to yourself to at least drive one before you decide. If you're like us you'll be so delighted and busy just driving the little beasty to even notice that you're sitting on cloth upholstery. Just a thought. Priorities, ya know?

A friend of mine once made a comment about how absurd they thought it was that leather seats were an option for Porsche. Cloth seats grab your but better than leather, and when you're cornering you don't want your body (and the base for your visual perception) to change.

Down with leather seats, get more power!

--
Joe Reid
jreid AT vnet.net