internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mini Cooper

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mini Cooper
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:01:40 -0400

Funny, somewhat OT story about Mini's...

I worked with a huge guy at Worldcom (he started out at around 600 lbs., got the surgery and was down to about 450 by the time I got axed). He used to race the old Mini's. His buddies with the car put the seat in the middle, and with his weight he was able to get *amazing* cornering performance just by leaning one way or the other. Basically he drove it like a motorcycle. He never related whether the seat was cloth or leather, though.

We're really looking forward to the remake of "The Italian Job", which stars several new Mini's. I would love for the original to come out on DVD -- Craig says it's a hoot, but we don't have a VHS player any more. Maybe you Mini enthusiasts should have a movies night with movies where Mini's play a leading role -- I would suggest The Bourne Identity as a candidate.