internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] UNC jobs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] UNC jobs
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:49:44 -0500

Beth,

I have had reasonable success in getting interviews for jobs at UNC over the years. My suggestion is to call HR and ask who the hiring supervisor is for that position. If they won't give up the information, call the department directly and ask. Then call the hiring supervisor and talk with them about the position.

This gets you three things: first, you'll get better information about the job than what's in the announcement. Second, you'll distinguish yourself in the hiring supervisor's mind, which will help them pick you application out of the pile. Third, if you impress the hiring supervisor, they can request your resume and application be forwarded by Human Resources, which helps insure you make it into the pile.

Paul

I applied for the job in question earlier this week. Guess it's just a matter of playing the waiting game and/or figuring out who does the hiring for that department. And then bribing them. Or bribing any of you who might know who hires for the Acad. Aff. Library so you'll fill me in. Hint hint.