internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] cheap digital camera?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] cheap digital camera?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:26:29 -0500

on Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 03:22:36PM -0500, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> cheap digital camera -- is that an oxymoron?

What do you mean by cheap? :)

> oh yeah, it has to interface with Mac OS X, too. olympus, nikon and
> canon seem cool, but it could be simple ingrained brand recognition.
> for example, this fuji looks cute and seems to meet the criteria, but
> does fuji suck?

I've used both the Kodak DC260, which sucked batteries like they were
frozen magaritas, but which was a decent sub-$600 cam when I got it a
few years back, and my new cam (~2001) is the Nikon Coolpix 995, which
I like a lot - uses LiIon batts, and has great picture quality except
in very low light (where you have to be careful to keep it still). I
used them both with my Powerbook just fine via USB.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier