internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] [Not a joke] AOL is suing me!
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:46:13 -0500 (EST)

Doesn't sound like they're suing you, just sending a cease and desist
letter.

Not that it isn't ridiculous, but.

Can you just put a (C) logo next to the words (even though you're not
talking about their IM) and have that solve it?

In fact, is "IM" even a copyrighted phrase?

Are they just Googling everyone and finding top-ranked sites with "Instant
Messenger" in their webpages?

Cheers
KJ