internetworkers - Goodwill -- Re: [internetworkers] out my window

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Judy Hallman)
  • Subject: Goodwill -- Re: [internetworkers] out my window
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:46:45 -0500 (EST)

Goodwill uses money from donations to support GCF Global Learning --
http://www.GCFLearnFree.org/ . GCF provides free online career and
computer training, in English and Spanish, both instructor-supported
classes and self-paced courses. GCF Global Learning is administered by
Goodwill Industries of Eastern North Carolina, Inc., which is based in
Durham.

I'm impressed with the work Bobbie Crockett and GCF are doing. For those
of us teaching basic computer skills, once we get people comfortable using
the mouse and finding their way around on a computer and the Internet,
they can learn what they want to learn on their own, using GCF. See
section 5 of http://www.rtpnet.org/comp/handouts/own.html .

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)