internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #183 - 5 msgs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org (Josep L. Guallar-Esteve)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #183 - 5 msgs
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 07:50:59 -0500

On Monday 03 February 2003 05:54, Steve Steele wrote:

> Need browser help. When ever I click on a link that is broken
> instead of getting a 404, I get redirected to a porn page.
> Here is the link that I am sent to:
> http://www.xupiter.com/search2error.html

> I looked in the temp folder, cookies folder, Temporary Internet
> Files folder but I can't seem to find the redirect file. I've
> deleted the cache, history and cookies. Can anyone advise me?

This really looks like an Outlook /InternetExplorer virus or trojan horse
through either malicious ActiveX control installed w/o your permission or
malicious VBScript/JavaScript activated on a malicious email/webpage.

Nope, I don't know how to get rid of the virus.

Well... actually: "I say we take off, and nuke the site from orbit. It's the
only way to be sure". So if you really want to wipe everything clean, just
install Linux.

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
MaDuIxA PoWeR!