internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Terry Pratchett

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • Cc: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Terry Pratchett
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:30:59 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Diana Duncan wrote:

> But of course! As a collaboration between two (2!) of my absolute favorite
> authors (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman), I do already own several copies
> of
> this one, and I cannot rate it highly enough. I think I've read it about
> five times. I intend to read it to any kid I may have when he or she gets
> old enough, because I also believe it makes a fabulous children's novel, in
> the grand old tradition of Roald Dahl. I mean, what little kid wouldn't
> want
> to hear about a gang of eleven-year-olds who bring the world to the edge of
> Armageddon?

And for the benefit of those who haven't read _Good Omens_, the comics
artist Phil Foglio has the first two pages of the book in graphic novel
form [1] on the web at

http://www.studiofoglio.com/fun/fun4goodomens1.html

best,
Steve
[1] Only two pages done in this format, for a sales pitch that got turned
down.
--
Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval