internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Terry Pratchett

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Terry Pratchett
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:03:13 -0500

But of course! As a collaboration between two (2!) of my absolute favorite
authors (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman), I do already own several copies of
this one, and I cannot rate it highly enough. I think I've read it about
five times. I intend to read it to any kid I may have when he or she gets
old enough, because I also believe it makes a fabulous children's novel, in
the grand old tradition of Roald Dahl. I mean, what little kid wouldn't want
to hear about a gang of eleven-year-olds who bring the world to the edge of
Armageddon?

Also, in my earlier post I forgot to mention a few other authors good for
both thinking and laughs -- Connie Willis (altho she seems more serious
lately - but "Bellwether" is a must for any fan of chaos theory), Jonathen
Lethem, Christopher Moore, Neil Stephenson and Christopher Brookmyre.
Unfortunately, Brookmyre is only available in the UK or from amazon.co.uk.
He writes "Scottish Noir" fiction which is truly amazing.

I'm very excited about the suggestions so far...I'm just hoping the dinky
library here in Cary is able to satisfy some of these requests.

Thanks!

Diana