internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] any thoughts on Cary's "manifest destiny" approach to growth?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <alchemist AT darkcanvas.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] any thoughts on Cary's "manifest destiny" approach to growth?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:13:35 -0500

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:49:30PM -0500, Thomas C. Meggs spoke thusly:
> That's really sad, Chatham county has some nice areas. Hopefully it
> won't all become a dung heap of ... SUBURBAN SPRAWL. ;)

Well, Waste Industries and Holly Springs want to put the Regional
Landfill (whcih could accept trash from as far away as NY through a
semi-convoluted transfering mechanism) in Moncure (sourthern
Chatham). At least one builder wants to put 2200 homes near the lake
in Cary-like density. Briar Chapel is making quiet noises again in the
distance.

We Chathamites have fought to bring smart growth the Chatham. We'll
keep fighting. We may have lost a battle (the Asphault plant that was
passed quietly) but the war isn't over yet, as it were.

--
-- Kevin Sonney --