internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] heard on NPR yesterday

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] heard on NPR yesterday
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:45:15 -0500

I didn't hear this on NPR, but I did see several stories about this in
the TV news. Remember that this applies to not just any SUV, but only to
the really big honkin' ones. What's sad is that this is very effectively
encouraging people who otherwise wouldn't even consider buying one of
those behemoths to actually buy and operate one, just so they can get
their tax savings. Imagine all those big fat profits for Ford, GM & Co.
and for the big oil companies, but to hell with the environment. This is
NOT the kind of economic stimulus that we need...

- Bill