internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] SAFARI: Holy Flippin' Burgers!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] SAFARI: Holy Flippin' Burgers!
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:50:49 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Scott Russell wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:36:13AM -0500, Shea Tisdale wrote:
> > And Airport Extreme...802.11g, 54mb plus backward compatible with
> > 802.11b...
>
> I was moments away from ordering one of these but it appears as if the
> Titantium PowerBook 867MHz that I have cannot support the 11g standard. I
> still need to verify this, it will be the deciding factor for me :)

I believe you're correct: it appears the new 11b/11g card is of a
different form factor than the old Airport cards and will not fit in the
Airport card slot of your 867 (or my 800). The site page
http://www.apple.com/powerbook/wireless.html
implies only the new 12" and 17" screen Powerbooks have a slot for the new
card. Perhaps a 3rd party will release a 802.11g PCMCIA card that'll work.

Steve
--
Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval