internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] SAFARI: Holy Flippin' Burgers!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] SAFARI: Holy Flippin' Burgers!
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:24:52 -0500

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 04:3916pm, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> no, not O'Reilly's Safari online bookshelf, but..

> apples new home-built browser that is aimed at killing IE 5.2 use on
> OSX.

> http://www.apple.com/safari/

> COOL! competition!!

> newsbits: http://news.com.com/2100-1040-979461.html

I've read the anouncement at safari's web page. One concept got my
attention after being repeated a few scores of times:

fast/speed

Safari is bould on KHTML technology, the web browsing technology used by
Konqueror, KDE's "native" web browser.

The Safari team has presented themselves to the KDE team. They are
giving back code. They are fixing bugs and adding features.

Cool!

Who said that OpenSource is bad for business? Last time I was awake,
Apple is in the moneymaking business. They *sell* products. This is a
good message to other companies: open source code can cohexist with
propietary code. And you can profit from it. Good for Apple!

Now, who will port QWK (quak) and Safari to Windows?

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep Lluis Guallar-Esteve http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/