internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 20:02, 11-11, 2002

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 20:02, 11-11, 2002
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:35:14 -0500

Swatch put out watches using swatch beats which broke days up into 1000 even
increments. The hallmark of their now defunct system was no timezones and
saying time in the format of @489. For the digital age it actually made alot
of sense
since a conference call @715 would be at 715swatchbeats anywhere on earth.
So no timezones translations, etc.

But alas, our old movement of the planets based time system is just to
popular...